Here is a brief glimpse of what I’ve been up to for the last six weeks. Sadly the good times will stop rolling next week as I have to return to work, lol.
I haven’t posted in awhile because I’ve been recuperating from the last day of school! The weekend following our release was my fiancé’s birthday (post to come later). I planned a nice cabin get away which was enjoyed.
Anyhow, since our summer is short this year-six weeks to be exact, I made a list of things I’d like to do:
1. I have 11 things that I’d like to do with my kids: ice-skating, Indy Island, art museum, state fair, McCloud Park, county fair, bowling, SkyZone, Climb Time Indy, Central Park, and the Monon Center.
2. I would like to post to my blog on a regular basis,
3. I want to try new baking and cooking recipes.
4. It is imperative that I clean out my garage! I must purge and donate A TON of items!
5. I want to spend more time with the few friends that I have.
6. I also want to get more creative with my current wardrobe.
7. Lastly, I want to budget and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE for my upcoming trip to visit my friend in Abu Dhabi!
What are your summer plans?! Do tell!
Today I recreated a look by replacing the dress seen here. It works well because neon pairs easily with neutral colors.
Tonight I took my aunt out to dinner at the Kona Grill and had a great meal along with good conversation.
The temperature was moderate so I needed an outfit to match. I decided to wear my bright yellow dress. The side has cutouts which I did not want to show. Therefore I added the camel colored blazer to take away the sex appeal. I also added a scarf and a necklace to anchor it. The shoes-yellow, white, and beige and black snake skin print finished it off. I had a wrist full of gold bangles but I decided that was too much and removed them. Lastly, I carried a snake skin clutch.
I like the way the look came together!
Dress: Nasty Gal
My fiancé bought me a pair of coral colored shoes and I spotted the perfect dress to wear with them.
Not only is the dress comfortable and cute, I got for a little over $12 after the sale price and other discounts! It was originally $69.
Dress: Tommy Hilfiger via Macy’s
Heels: Carlos Santana via Macy’s
Jewelry: Guess via Macy’s
I hadn’t worn this blouse in a long time prior to today. I actually had it in my mind to give it away and I’m so glad I didn’t! I love the way this ultra feminine blouse looks tucked.
I finished the look off with pale pink pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, and pink and white bangles.
My Mother’s Day gift (purse) was a perfect addition to the outfit!
Blouse: Bar III via Macy’s
Skirt: Forever 21
Heels: Vera Wang via Kohl’s
Purse: Gucci via Saks